Bella Luce Hotel
La Fosse, St.Martins, Guernsey
Set in tranquil lanes, the Bella Luce is a 12th-century manor house with boutique hotel rooms, gardens, and free Wi-Fi. The picturesque south coast bays are a short stroll away. All of the en suite rooms at Belle Luce Hotel have LCD TVs, Wi-Fi access and 24-hour room service. Bella Luce's restaurant serves a fine menu of seasonal produce. Bella Bar has a cosy atmosphere, with a large fireplace. -
- Good comfort of the bedroom Excellent meals Waiters are highly thoughtful Bus connection is easy Original gin brewery
- The Staff were excellent , on reception there was Marlena, Alexsandra and Kamil all very helpful and Friendly. Marlena welcomed us to the Hotel, showed us routes and how to use the Buses, she was Excellent. When our Taxi for departure was late, Marlena offered to take us to the Airport . The Waitresses were very good, and so were the Bar Staff , especially George.
- Rustic, boutique type of hotel. Comfortable and quiet. It was a small room, but adequate and the small bathroom was clean and modern with a good shower. Nice breakfast - small buffet with fresh fruit salad, cereals, bakery and deli items, also a choice from a good selection on the menu. We enjoyed a nice evening meal here too that was reasonably priced. It is around a 30 minute walk into St Peter Port from the hotel, but a steep hill to walk back (NB the number 81 bus drops just outside the hotel, but it goes on a magical mystery tour to get there and it takes a while!).
- Our favourite hotel in Guernsey and a very special place in our hearts.
- Great breakfasts! Wonderful and relaxed, staff were great.
- Meals good. Staff very good and worked hard
- Ho-ly. What a beautiful little place. Super friendly, helpful staff. Absolutely gorgeous room, clean and comfortable. A bath!!! Joyous. The dining room/bar is cozy and feels very French chic. Beautiful homemade gins and the most insane homemade bread I have ever eaten. 10/10 would swim back to Guernsey for more of that bread with Guernsey butter. Delicious dinner and wine and cheese (omg the cheese <3). Would have eaten absolutely everything from both the dinner and breakfast menu. At check out, the taxi we had asked for was ready and waiting as we walked out the door. Just perfect all around. Affordable luxury in the most beautiful setting. JOY.
- Character of the property and the restaurant
- An amazing quaint location, nice and quiet. Well located on Guernsey. An amazing weekend, we will return.
- Fantastic staff, nothing was too much trouble.
- Size and friendliness of most staff Good food- if repetitive
- The ease of parking, the garden, breakfast was excellent. The staff were charming. The bar stayed open late for us and the garden was a delight.
- The staff at the Bella Luce were all warm and welcoming. During our stay I came down with a really bad cold and the bar staff made the most delicious hot toddies, with brandy and hot water, adding lemon and honey to ease my sore throat. We also ordered room service on our last evening, and this was delivered promptly with the most delicious crème brulee and apple pie deserts. Owing to bad weather we had to change our flight on the last day to the red eye 06:50 flight on Friday morning and we had to leave the hotel around 05:00 (taxis in high demand so had to take what we could get !). This meant we were too early for breakfast so the hotel prepared two bowls of fruit salad and a banana each so that at least we could eat something before we left. All in all excellent service; very friendly yet professional service at all times. The ladies on Reception suggested walking routes from the Hotel and Moulin Huet definitely worth a walk to. Would have no hesitation recommending this hotel
- Lovely hotel. Friendly and professional staff. Nice restaurant and Great gin
- Staff were fabulous, very friendly and most helpful.
- Beautiful building and great location for exploring the island but still being very private. Room & Bathroom both lovely and the housekeepers kept them really spotless. Real big thanks for that. Restaurant good and great choice for breakfast. Staff very welcoming.
- Excellent friendly staff. Very good menu. Unique selling point if you like gin. It has its own still!
- Excellent staff and food. Felt very welcome
- the food was lovely, the staff were very helpful, the bed in our room was a bit small.
- To be honest this hotel is probably one of the best hotels in Guernsey, staff were amazing and the food was 11/10 Overall I highly recommend this hotel. Great selection of brandy and cognac :)