Le Chene Hotel
- Comfortable room, good breakfast, bus stop at door. Lovely lounge and garden.
- Nice staff, walking distance to airport and bus route opposite. Good breakfast.
- plenty of choice excellent service staff pleasant and friendly
- The staff were very friendly and helpful
- Breakfast plated the night before as I was leaving early Bed very comfy
- This hotel tries hard. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Some reviewers have described the hotel as "tired." We don't agree. it's a hotel built in 1842 - what do people expect? The bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was very good. We would stay there again.
- The location was within comfortable walking distance from the airport. Great scenery on our walks and plenty to see and keep occupied around the island. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. The room was comfortable as were the garden and lounge area. The breakfast was very enjoyable and with plenty of choice.
- Conservatory & pool area was nice Great breakfast
- The staff at the le chene hotel we're amazing, polite and incredibly well facilities.
- We enjoyed the variety offered, the service was good and the food was excellent.
- Good sized room. Comfortable bed. On bus route. Close to airport. Nice breakfast.
- The location was perfect for catching the cheap buses (£1 per ticket) into town and around the island. It is within walking distance of the airport. The breakfast room and the breakfast itself were a joy to come down to each morning. The staff serving breakfast were particularly helpful. There was a well-stocked library available to guests, and many jigsaw puzzles and children’s games. The garden was a pleasant place to relax, with comfy furniture and cushions. We didn’t use the pool ourselves, but it was clearly popular with guests. The restaurant The Deerhound is well-worth a visit (we went twice during our week) and is only 3 minutes walk away. In the opposite direction, a 15 minute walk takes you to the excellent Sahara City restaurant.
- Nick the proprietor was very cordial upon my arrival. He took the time to show me the highlights of the premises as well as the nearby trailhead to the beach a mile away. The main building dates from 1852 or thereabout, so there are many low doorways. The snacks in the afternoon are a nice touch, and the breakfast the next morning was very robust. The usual items (fruit, cereal, bread, pastries) were self-help, but additionally, six or so made-to-order plates were offered. The garden and pool were lovely places to lounge. I didn't ask if the hot tub was operational, but an above-ground tub was near the pool, as was a sauna. Even though the property is on the main road from the airport (which is actually why I chose it, because you can easily walk to the airport), there's really no traffic, so it was pretty quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again.
- They advertised a sauna and hot tub. The sauna was £7.50 per 30mins which wasn't stated in the the marketing description. The hot tub was not working.
- Nice garden with pool. Convenient for all areas of the island, car park, bus route etc. Friendly staff.
- The owners of la Chene hotel are very friendly. Even when the taxi was not available somebody of the hotel brought us to our destination. Also the owners speak Dutch. And that is easy talking. Also they have committed withh some restaurants in the neighborhood some duty if you bring with you the hotel business card. Breakfast is fresh and the employees are doing their best to make you comfort.
- The breakfast was very good,, bus service from the hotel was good staff were fine, the bedroom very basic and shower was poor .
- Lovely breakfast and very quick service. Lovely staff especially the owners, Very relaxed, laid back feel.
- Very convenient for the airport and it’s on bus routes. Complementary tea,coffee and hot chocolate in the room Good choice for breakfast Pleasant staff
- In walking distance of the airport and the Deerhound does great food for which you get discount if you’re staying here. A good selection at breakfast.