Best Western Hotel de Havelet
The property is located just minutes from the centre of St. Peter Port, Guernsey's picturesque capital.
The 34 rooms at the hotel are well appointed and modern to make you feel at home.
Guests can dine at any of the two restaurants that offers interesting cuisine for you to enjoy.
For your leisure, you can enjoy a swim at the pool or indulge in a pampering treatment offered at the sauna.
- Everything about this hotel I can think of is great, except for the very tiny detail below
- Great staff and facilities. Excellent breakfast and evening meals. Lovely views from restaurant.
- Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful
- Lovely location within walking distance (5 mins depending on how fast you walk!) from St Peter’s port. The onsite restaurant gives you everything you need, but I wanted to try some of the local restaurants for breakfast and dinner; this often worked out a bit cheaper. The hotel was fantastically clean and all the staff were warm, welcoming and friendly. I particularly liked being able to go for a quick swim each day in the pool and use the jacuzzi.
- Comfortable bed. Plenty of towels. Spacious. Excellent tea and coffee etc stocks. Lovely meal in the restaurant and waiters were very helpful. Spa facilities were great and spotlessly clean.
- Staff very polite and extremely helpful. Hotel clean. Food good. The complimentary bus trip around the Island was really very enjoyable and informative.
- No lifts, but they ovecame by serving us on ground floor.
- Apparently, Arthur Wellesley stayed here with his mistress, hence the theme of the Duke of Wellington runs throughout. The hotel is managed well and everyone is friendly, the food is excellent and the minibus is very useful at bringing folks up and down the hill to St Peter Port. We found our stay a very relaxing and pleasant one and would recommend the De Havelet.
- Perfectly located, with nice view on the harbor. Very confortable rooms and classy hotel with a magnificent service from the staff, fully available and reactive. Very nice and efficient people! Great breakfast, tasty restaurant and relaxing pool. What to say? Great, for sure!
- Everything the staff are the best everyone especially the manager when island taxis let us down to take us to the ferry port the manager called on his head chef to take us to the port this is way above what he had to do I can't thank him enough
- Like everyone visiting a new destination other peoples review of the place is the starting point for most of us. Let me say without sounding boastful my Wife and I have stayed at some wonderful hotels around the World, Best Western De Havelet now joins that list. It really is a lovely hotel in a great location for sightseeing yet a peaceful retreat at the end of a busy day. Standing high above St Peter port it has a commanding view of the harbour and Castle and the bay with views towards Alderney and Sark. The hotel is immaculate and elegant having been the home of a prominent family it has some wonderful features that have been retained. Our room was superb with every need catered for, lovely bathroom and facilities. The two restaurants have different themes with the Copenhagen being modern and lively, the Wellington classy and more formal. The food in both was an excellent and vast choice, but proper fresh food with an open kitchen in the Copenhagen. The most important thing in any hotel, in my opinion, is the staff well here they score 10 out of 10 from the general manager down to the room maid the consistent attitude to please was obvious. I take this opportunity to thank them all again for making our short holiday such a joy. If you intend to visit Guernsey look no further you won't regret it
- There was a wide range of breakfast on offer. It turned out that we had not booked with breakfast included, but we chose to eat there every morning. Food in the bar (Copenhagen) was excellent, especially the mussels and the cannon of lamb, although lighter stuff was also on offer. Staff were amazing, nothing too much trouble, and very handy to have the complimentary bus service when you just can't face the walk back up the hill :)
- Great setting close to St Peter port with views over the harbour and Herm in the foreground.
- Everything apart from the plug in the bath didn’t work and the curtains were hard to close. Would I stay there again? DEFINITELY......
- Friendly helpful staff. Great location. Lovely breakfast. Excellent facilities. Great vibe. Would definitely return.
- The room was spacious & comfortable. Extensive choice at breakfast, freshly cooked to order. Friendly, helpful & professional staff. Hotel spa was a bonus. Hotel in great location, with lovely views over the harbour. The restaurant & bar & grill both served high quality food. The complementary bus tour of the island was well worth going on.
- Room very comfortable and spacious. Shower room very good. location perfect. Perhaps a little more hanging space.thank you.
- Great location, plenty of parking spaces Extremely comfortable bed :-) I love the pool and jacuzzi - great opening hours Room service dinner exceptional
- The hotel and its restaurant were by far the best I've stayed in in the Channel islands. Friendly staff. Good evening meal and breakfast at a very reasonable price. Has spa and pool too
- Very comfortable, I like it where there is a quiet area to sit, you had this in the drawing & sitting room.
- Brilliant Hotel, the staff was very kind and the restaurant nearby (Copenhagen) was brilliant. Can highly recommend it! Short walk down to the port and everything accessable.
- Great location: the citycenter is just a few minutes walk. Friendly and helpful staff. Spacious room; very quiet, clean en comfortable. Large choice of breakfast, great swimmingpool with jacuzzi and sauna; we felt very welcome.
- location very convenient to st peter port but you need to be fit up a very steep hill .there is a courtesy bus in the morning though